Given the recent weather forecast for Christmas Day, there is potential for Sunday 25 December being declared by the CFS, a total fire ban day.
This may impact your Christmas Day plans of the great Aussie BBQ. Please carefully read the below information and ensure that you apply for a permit if necessary by close of business Thursday 22 December.
Wood/Solid Fuel Barbecues
Use of all wood and solid fuel barbecues (e.g. kettle type, Weber) is prohibited on Total Fire Ban Days without a permit. You may apply for a permit to use a wood or solid fuel barbecue on Christmas Day.
Gas or electric barbecues may be used on Total Fire Ban Days under the following conditions:
- within 15 metres of domestic premises*, or
- on a coastal foreshore
providing you have:
- A four metre cleared area around and above the barbeque,
- A responsible person is in attendance at all times with water or an extinguisher at hand, and
- The barbecue is completely extinguished before leaving the area.
*domestic premises means a building or other structure that is fixed to the ground and connected to a reticulated or stored water supply and that is occupied as a place of residence but does not include a caravan.
APPLY FOR A CHRISTMAS DAY BARBECUE PERMIT
Phone (08) 8408 0400 or email email@example.com the following information:
(include 'Request for Schedule 10 Permit for Christmas Day' in the subject heading)
- Full name and address where permit is required.
- Email address should a permit need to be issued via email.
- What the permit is required for. E.g. Weber barbecue or wood fire pizza oven
- Period of time required for. E.g. 10am - 5pm
Permit applications must be received by 5pm Thursday 22 December.
Any permit requests after this time will not be processed.
Permit applications for Christmas Day 2016 will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Permit applications will be processed by an Authorised Officer and include a site inspection.
Permits that have been issued will automatically become void if an extreme or catastrophic fire danger day is declared.