The Adelaide Hills Council district lies across the Mount Lofty Ranges and is a high risk area for bushfires, particularly during the official Fire Danger Season. The 2019-20 Fire Danger Season commenced on 15 November 2019 and we are already seeing weather conditions that will bring about Extreme and even Catastrophic Fire Danger Days, as declared by the CFS. These ratings affect a number of Council services, including libraries and bin collection.
Click here to visit the CFS website for up-to-date fire danger risk ratings (official ratings are declared at approximately 4:00pm the day prior, with predicitons available for coming days).
Click here to see a full list of services affected by Extreme and Catastrophic Fire Danger Days.
Wednesday 20 November 2019
On Wednesday 20 November our district will be under a Catastrophic Fire Danger.
- Kerbside waste collection will be delayed to the next safe day (at this stage, Thursday 21 November). Please leave your bins out until collected.
- Our Mobile Library service will be cancelled
- Our Library Home Service Van will be cancelled
- Our children's activities in libraries will be cancelled
- The Gumeracha Library will be closed (Coventry Library Stirling, and Woodside Library remain open)
- Both Community Centres will be closed