We're seeking expressions of interest for Independent Members of Council's Development Assessment Panel
EOI close 24 February 2017
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced members of the public to sit on our Development Assessment Panel (CDAP). The CDAP is an important committee with responsibility for assessing a wide range of Development Applications including new houses, land divisions, major commercial developments and changes in land uses. It has a very significant role in ensuring that new development proposals are consistent with the Council's planning rulebook – the Development Plan. The Panel considers approximately 5% of applications received.
Council's DAP is required to have four independent members of the public and currently has three Council Members pursuant to the Development Amendment Act 1993. This will change when the new Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 becomes operational in 2017. The CDAP meets monthly – usually at 6:30pm on the first Tuesday of every month at either Stirling or Woodside.
The Council is seeking four community members who have a keen interest in planning and who must have skills and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- In relation to the independent presiding member, a person with qualifications and applied experience in urban and rural land use planning and design, specific knowledge of the Development Act & Regulations and a general knowledge of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016, and knowledge of the Adelaide Hills Council area.
- In relation to the other three independent members:
- A person with practical knowledge of, and applied experience in, natural resource management and the environment, and knowledge of the Adelaide Hills Council area.
- A person with practical knowledge of, and applied experience in, landscape architecture and design, and knowledge of the Adelaide Hills Council area.
- A person with practical knowledge of, and applied experience in, property development, commerce or industry (rural development desirable), and knowledge of the Adelaide Hills Council area.
The Presiding Member will also need to have significant experience in chairing meetings and will be appointed by the Council.
Council pay sitting fees for independent members of CDAP. Ordinary independent members will be paid a sitting fee of $380 (excl. GST) per meeting while the Presiding Member will be paid $500 (excl. GST) per meeting. These fees are reviewed annually.
Please send your expression of interest including a resume detailing your experience, skills and knowledge to:
Mr Andrew Aitken
Adelaide Hills Council
PO Box 44
WOODSIDE SA 5244
The closing date for submissions is 5:00pm on Friday 24 February 2017. For further information, please contact Marc Salver, Director Strategy and Development on 8408 0522.