This Development Plan Amendment (DPA) aims to update planning policy for the District's Townships and Urban Areas to meet the current and future needs of the community. The amendment process is designed to ensure that Council's planning policies are relevant, consistent, and reflect the aspirations of the community.
The Townships and Urban Areas Development Plan Amendment (DPA) is the largest DPA that has been undertaken by this Council. It is a review of all planning PDCs relating to the townships and urban residential areas of the District.
This DPA was first proposed in the 2003 Section 30 Review or Strategic Directions Report, the precursor to the recently completed Strategic Directions Report of 2012, which has been submitted to the Minister for Planning for adoption.
To this point, Council has:
- Undertaken an extensive public consultation process (early 2008);
- Received a consultant’s Directions Report on options (February 2009);
- Undertaken public consultation on the Directions Report (April/May 2009);
- Considered the public comments on the Directions Report but deferred consideration in order to review a number of essential issues relating to possible expansion of town boundaries, and appropriate forms of development (November, 2009). This matter was subsequently referred to the Minister for Planning (December 2009) for consideration and the response received in March 2010 was in essence that township boundaries shall not be expanded;
- Again considered the submissions on the Directions Report (May 2010);
- Provided Council’s consultants with a policy development brief (December 2010);
- Received the consultant’s draft policies (April 2011);
- Prepared a review of Council Wide Policies to provide a complete and comprehensive policy suite (May to October 2011);
- Reviewed consultants’ draft township and urban area policies (May to November 2011); and
- Prepared consultation versions of Council Wide (General Section) and Zone PDCs for Strategic Planning & Development Policy Committee (SPDPC) review (November 2011 to May 2012)
Following the direction provided by Council’s SPDPC, staff are reviewing and checking the draft Council-wide and Zone policies, and preparing the required DPA documentation for public consultation.
The final draft DPA will be further considered by the SPDPC during late 2012. Following the SPDPC’s endorsement, the final draft DPA will be sent to the Minister for Planning for approval in order to proceed to both agency and public consultation.
Please contact Mike Flehr on 8408 0503 if you have any questions about this DPA.
Directions Report without Maps - maps for each area are shown below
Aldgate and Bridgewater Maps
Balhannah and Oakbank Maps
Houghton and Inglewood Maps
Mt Torrens Maps
Summertown and Uraidla Maps
Part 1 (Submissions received - P1 to P5)
Part 2 (Submissions received - P6 to P9)
Part 3 (Submissions received - P10 to P14)
Part 4 (Submissions received - P15 to P20)
Part 5 (Submissions received - P21 to P24)
Part 6 (Submissions received - P25 to P30)
Part 7 (Submissions received - P31 to P33)
Part 8 (Submissions received - P34 to P38)