DOMESTIC RECYCLING BIN - YELLOW LID
The Adelaide Hills Council introduced a new integrated waste management program on 5th April 2005.
Improvements to the service included a 240 litre bin (yellow lid) for household recyclables.
WHAT GOES IN THE YELLOW LIDDED BIN?
Only recyclable items may be placed in the yellow lidded bin.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Hard plastics and cartons
- Aerosol cans
- Glass bottles or jars - not oven proof, rinsed off with lids removed
- Aluminium and steel cans
- Cardboard and paper - not shredded or bundled
- Cereal box's
- Coffee cans
- Computer paper
- Drink cans
- Egg cartons
- Icecream containers
- Milk and Juice cartons
- Junk mail
- Long life cartons
- Margarine tubs and lids
- Office paper
- Paper towel rolls
- Pet food tins
- Sauce bottles
- Soft drink bottles
- Takeaway containers - plastic
- Telephone books
- Wine and beer bottles
- Yoghurt containers - plastic
- Alfoil trays
DO NOT PLACE THE FOLLOWING IN YELLOW BINS:
- Organic waste
- Gardening tools
- Plastic bags - take to your local supermarket
- Food scraps
- Nappies - including biodegradable
- Hazardous medical waste
- Building materials
- Foam cups and food trays
- Electrical appliances
- Light globes
- Rinse all food containers to avoid health risks
- Flatten bulky items such as cardboard boxes, cartons and plastic bottles to save room.
- Ensure aerosol cans are empty before recycling.
- Remove plastic and tin lids from containers and place them separately in your recycling.
- Place all recyclables loose in 240L bin - never in plastic bags.
WHEN WILL MY YELLOW LIDDED BIN BE COLLECTED?
Your yellow bin will be collected fortnightly. Bins are to be placed at your collection point prior to 6am on day of collection and must be removed within 24hrs of collection. Do not overfill your bin or place items on top or around the bin. Visit Council's website for collection calendar.
CAN I GET ADDITIONAL YELLOW BINS?
Additional bins may be requested by calling 8408 0400. Additional bins will incur an annual fee for the service.
WASTE COLLECTION ON CATASTROPHIC FIRE DAYS
See Councils website for domestic waste collection on catastrophic fire days. Waste will not be collected on catastrophic fire days.
WHO OWNS THE BINS?
The bins are the property of the Adelaide Hills Council and are required to be left at the property should you vacate.
Contact East Waste on 8347 5150 for any colelction related enquiries including
- Missed bins
- Collection area
- Items to be placed in bins
- Conduct and courtesy of vehicle drivers
Contact Council on 8408 0400 for
- Theft or damage to bins
- Missing bins when you move into your new property
- New or additional bins
- Any other waste related issues