Over 100 businesses in our district provided valuable feedback through the 2021 Adelaide Hills Business Survey and we are extremely grateful for the information we've received.
This survey is conducted on a two-year cycle, and is used to help us better understand local challenges and opportunities, as well as ways Council might best provide support. Insights inform the implementation of Council's Economic Development Plan 2020-24.
Our Snapshot Report gives you a great overview of the information gathered, including some key highlights:
- Nearly 10,000 people are locally employed in our region (9,834)
- 45.8% of respondents work from home as their primary business location.
- The top two industry sectors of respondents were professional/ scientific/ technical, and agriculture.
- 20% of respondents are planning to recruit additional staff within the next 12 months.
- 32% of respondents are expecting profitability growth in this financial year.
As a direct result of survey results, we have also scheduled some business development events in the coming weeks:
Doing business with Council - procurement information sessions (two)
Understand Council's procurement process and how to develop compelling responses to requests for tender.
Full details and registrations here.
Home-Based Business Networking Event
An opportunity to learn about business support services in the region, connect with like-minded business owners, and further inform Council on ways we can better support you.
Full details and registration here.