You don't have to travel to the CBD if you want to participate in the biggest Fringe Festival in the southern hemisphere - you can see a little bit of everything right here in the Adelaide Hills.
Stirling Fringe is the jewel in the crown of the Fringe in the Adelaide Hills and will be creating that festival atmosphere from 21 February to 1 March 2020. Organisers have handpicked the very best shows to play in gorgeous venues, paired with the finest local produce and award winning Adelaide Hills wine and craft beer.
Highlights from the Stirling Fringe:
- Stirling Fringe Variety Gala featuring Fez Faanana, an adults only after party on opening night
- The Gagliardis, a family show that is a mix of variety, vaudeville, and vintage circus
- Mickster's Magic Gadgets, where your kids can help to find a missing cheeseburger
- Kids' Director's Cut, an improvised Hollywood-style performance where your kids become the director
- I'll Tell You This For Nothing - My Mother the War Hero, a powerful true story about an Irish nurse on the frontlines
- Les Darcy - the musical: Unsung Hero, an epic story of triumph and tragedy
- Josephine, a critically acclaimed off-Broadway story that combines theatre, cabaret and burlesque
- BESSIE * BILLIE * DINAH - Empress, Lady, and Queen of the Blues, the songs and stories of Bessie Smith, Billie Holiday, and Dinah Washington
Stirling isn't the only hills township where you can get the flavour of Fringe. Check out these shows from all over the district.
- Solastalgia, a multi-sensory experience of sound, sculpture, projection, painting, workshop, and poetry performance (Lobethal)
- Lunar New Year with the Hut, a Chinese classical trio performance led by David Dai on the Chinese violin (Aldgate)
- Scotland in Australia, toe-tapping and haunting airs with the Adelaide Scottish Fiddle Club (Crafers)
- Pink Floyd Orchestral Masterpieces by Eclipse, a supersized performance that brings all of your favourite Pink Floyd masterpieces to life (Longwood)
- Diva at Dusk, one of several musical performances among the candlebarks at Sinclair's Gully Winery (Norton Summit)
- The Cameramen take over the Left Barrel, a one-night-only show of live art rock (Balhannah)
- Sing Australia: Songs of Australia, choral music in the idyllic surrounds of Cleland Wildlife Park (Crafers)
For all of these shows and more, visit the Adelaide Fringe website and book your tickets today.