Council's Section 221 Application form is required to be completed if you wish to alter a public road or access to it. Prior to commencement of any works, the application form must be completed and provided to Council for assessment.
Common examples requiring the use of a S221 Application form include:
- Altering access between the property and the road (eg installing a driveway and crossover)
- Erecting or installing a structure in the road reserve (eg installing a letterbox)
- Changing or interfering with the construction, arrangement or materials of the road (eg change driveway material and/or surface treatment)
- Changing, interfering with or removing a structure associated with the road (eg a road sign)
- Planting, interfering with or removing a tree or vegetation from the road verge.
Please allow four weeks for requests to be considered. Payment of the application fee is required at time of lodgement and prior to Council commencing the assessment process. Please see the fees and charges schedule for associated costs.