Adelaide Hills Council's inclusive Youth Leadership Program (YLP) offers participants a unique opportunity to build transferable professional skills, increase their confidence, and participate in memorable events and activities, all at no cost.
YLP is designed for young people aged 15–25 years who live, socialise or attend school in the Adelaide Hills district.
The workshop series is completely free of charge, and participants require no prior experience in leadership roles or school groups.
Register yourself, or nominate on the behalf of a young person, such as a family member, carer, or friend.
Successful applicants will be asked to commit to approximately three hours per fortnight between April and October.
Make new friends and learn new skills, register now!
The program covers a range of topics including:
- Effective communication
- Goal setting
- Social media branding
- Public speaking
- Driving social change
- Peer consultation
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- Event management.
Our workshop facilitators are well respected and experienced professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and with broad expertise.
- Rebekha Sharkie (Federal Member for Mayo)
- Anne Bainbridge (YACSA)
- Colin Cameron (Greenwood Institute)
- Sasha Dragovelic (Futurepreneurs Launchpad)
- Nic Jones (MarketMe Marketing)
- Jane Wundersitz (Wundertraining)
- Sarah Freeman — Founder, Kids Arthritis
- Rhys Jarrett — Adelaide Hills Council 2019 Young Citizen of the Year
- Mikayla Schwarz — 2021 program graduate and Adelaide Hills Council 2022 Civic Award recipient
For more information about the program or to discuss your accessibility needs or the needs of someone you know, please contact one of our friendly team.