Building Coping Skills
Building Coping Skills is a two-part workshop, delivered by the Department of Human Services, that helps you as parents and caregivers to support your child or young person’s resilience.
This workshop is full of helpful information with a choice of simple, practical strategies that each family can adapt for their own parenting situations. This two-part workshop, developed in consultation with Adelaide Hills Council, provides insights into supporting disaster resilience in children and young people.
- Part 1: Thursday, 26 October 6 pm to 8 pm
- Part 2: Thursday, 2 November 6 pm to 8 pm
Topics to support your parenting include:
- What is resilience?
- Understanding stress for children and young people
- The benefits of ‘considered risks’
- How parents can help to build resilience
- How to support your child to prepare and recover from disasters
This workshop is based on the latest parenting research and uses information from Parenting SA and Emerging Minds. Part of the Building Coping Skills Workshop series.
Light refreshments will be provided. Please arrive 10 minutes early to register.