Roads, Streetscapes and Works

The Adelaide Hills Council places high emphasis on civil infrastructure and assets and is committed to the ongoing management, maintenance and replacement of public infrastructure including roads, bridges, signage, stormwater, kerbs and footpaths. We aspire to ensure that all decisions regarding the built environment recognise and reflect the Hills' unique character and natural environment to maintain and enhance liveability for our community.

View upcoming known construction and works, including roads, footpaths and verges, on our Have Your Say platform.

Council manages more than 590 kilometres of sealed roads throughout the region, which is monitored and maintained by our maintenance crews..

Due to the extensive geographical area, we appreciate our community reporting any faults or concerns such as potholes, blocked drains or damaged footpath. To make a report, please contact Customer Service during office hours.

Our maintenance crews will then inspect and, if required repair the fault. Occasionally, during a peak rainstorm period, there may be delays due to the large volume of incoming requests. Your patience is appreciated during these times.

In some instances, the issue may require more than a simple maintenance repair. Such issues will be escalated for further investigation.

Not all roads in the region are managed and maintained by Council; many of our main roads are maintained by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport. For more information and a list of DIT roads please click here.

Council acknowledges that we conduct our business on the traditional lands and waters of the Peramangk and Kaurna people. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging as the Custodians of this ancient and beautiful land.
© Copyright Adelaide Hills Council 2020